Travel Time / Toll Rate Dynamic Message Signs
Vanguard® VM-1020 Series DMS
Some ITS applications — such as managed lanes — benefit from an innovative display solution for the best results. The Daktronics Vanguard VM-1020 Dedicated Dynamic Message Sign (DDMS) was designed from the ground up to efficiently display travel times, toll rates (HOT lanes) and lane status.
Visit the FAQ page to learn more about the Vanguard® VM-1020.
Features and Benefits
- Front Access: The LED modules are the only components residing inside the LED cabinet and can be accessed by opening a swing-down cabinet door.
- Ease of Maintenance: Greatly reduce the need for bucket trucks and lane closures. All critical components are located in a roadside DDMS cabinet, including the controller and power supplies.
- Quick Installation: All LED panels easily bolt to static panels, eliminating complicated installation methods. The DDMS panels then mount normally to overhead or roadside structure.
- Low Profile LED Panel: Absence of components allows a lightweight, 2-inch deep LED panel for easy installation, and it casts no shadows on the faces of static panels.
- High Legibility: A black aluminum mask provides superior contrast and minimal glare, and a polycarbonate sheet protects the pixels.
- Full Monitoring Capability: Complete diagnostics, including pixel and system conditions monitoring for all DDMS in a set.
- Range of Standard Models: See the Specifications Tab for all standard model sizes.
- Color Capability: Amber LED or red/green/amber models available to indicate low, medium, or high travel times and toll rates
- DDMS Controller: Full-featured, manages up to six VM-1020 LED panels, and the Auxiliary Control Panel provides local control with no need for a laptop. Update all the LED panels in a set automatically and simultaneously.
- Meets Industry Standards: Designed to meet NEMA TS 4 standards, UL, NTCIP, FCC
Markets Using This Product
Software and Controllers
The feature-rich Vanguard Central Control Software (optional) makes remote operation simple. Together, they provide continuously tested, NTCIP-compliant control to Daktronics DMS. Auxiliary Control Panel (optional) and DMS Equipment Cabinet (optional) are also available.
Daktronics On-Going DMS Support
Support Near You
Certified technical service specialists provide industry-acclaimed local support from nationwide Sales and Services offices.
Phone support from experienced help desk professionals.
Daktronics has a large inventory of spare parts ready for quick shipment.
Tiered extended service levels available to best fit your project requirements.
Compare, Learn, Schedule a Demo
Start Your Consultation
Ready to see how Daktronics can provide the right solutions for your industry?