Data Studio: How do I create social media feeds in Venus?
- How do I create social media feeds in Data Studio in Venus Control Suite (VCS)?
- Follow the RSS Generator instructions to create the RSS output with whatever parameters are appropriate - This will give an URL that can be entered in Data Studio as a data feed to build content.
It is advised to use an aggregation or moderation tool to monitor social media account(s) and contents. Accounts without moderation may result in unwanted content posted on the display.
The social media account must be turned into an RSS feed. (Twitter no longer has built-in RSS output so an RSS feed generator is required.) For best results, find a RSS Generator account that provides a 30 minute refresh rate, no deleting of content and no advertising.
RSS Generator accounts range from free to less than $20/ month. Free accounts have limitations and slower refresh rates and sometimes place ads in the feeds. Some groups have had success with the FetchRSS advanced account.
- Product: Venus Professional, Venus Enterprise
- Components: Data Studio, Web Editor, Venus Professional, Venus Enterprise
- Control System: Venus Cloud-Based, Venus Local
Configure the new feed.
- Navigate to Data Studio (under My Apps) to create new Data Feed.
- Paste RSS feed URL into "Feed URL"
- Set update frequency to desired rate - based on RSS Generator subscription level and update frequency *the data will not update more frequently than the RSS Generator will allow.
- Credentials are not required. Those were supplied to the RSS Feed Generator/Aggregation Application.
- Add Components, acknowledge following dialog confirming the terms of this activity then proceed to Select Elements from the feed, one at a time - open drop down and select the data from the RSS feed to display - it will be organized with tags. Typically, the "item" "title" tag contains the text from the RSS feed and the "media:content" "url" tag will contain the path to an image if you want to use images in your content
- Save your data feed.
Build your content using the incoming data within Content Studio or VCS Web Editor.
Related Resources:Data Studio: How do I upgrade from Venus Control Suite Data Sources
Data Studio Upgrade Quick Guide
Data Studio: How do I configure web data sources?
KB ID: DD4695967
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.