Venus Web Editor: How do I add my data feed to a web presentation in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I add my data feed to a web presentation in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I pull in and format my data feed text?
- Product: Venus Basic, Venus Select, Venus Professional, Venus Enterprise
- Components: Venus Web Editor, Venus Data Feeds
- Control System: Venus Cloud-Based, Venus Local
Prior to performing the following steps, a data feed needs to be configured in Data Studio as outlined in Data Studio: How do I configure web data sources?
Select a Data Source.
- Within the Web Editor, select the </> Data tab.
- Click the Data Source drop down and select the feed that you would like to pull data from.
Locate the element.Click the title of each section of the data source to expand it.
Note: Data trimming can be used as outlined in Data Studio: How do I configure data trimming in Venus Control Suite? to limit the number of sections that are present to choose data from.
Drag and Drop ElementsLocate the data element you would like to use in your presentation and drag it into the workspace
Adjust the data as needed to fit the presentation.
- The Properties tab can be selected to change the font or the size of it.
- The orange squares around the dotted orange data box can be drug to change the size of the box and the box itself can be drug to change the position of it.
- Additional text and images can be added to the presentation alongside the data field.
- Repeat the previous steps as needed for any additional data fields you would like shown in the presentation.
- When finished, click Save.
Note: The display needs to be compatible with data to utilize this feature. For information on display models and data, please see What displays and software are compatible with XML / RSS feeds?
KB ID: DD3740614
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.