Display Studio: How to build an ERTD requested stats button in Display Studio.
- What is the best practice for building a requested stats button in Display Studio?
- What is the best practice for using the requested stats button?
- How do I request stats for a specific team or player?
- Product: Display Studio
- Components: Display Studio, DSTI, Data Studio, DMP-8000, DMP-7000
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS)
For example, if you want to show a player's Free Throws Made/ Attempted/Percentage, you can create ONE piece of generic content; then, during the live game dynamically select any player that comes to the free throw line via the Stats Request scripting button.
Within Display Studio:
- Right Click and select new button, then select the + in the bottom left hand corner.
- Select System Control.
3. Select Advanced.
4. Select Stats Request.
5. Fill out the fields in order, as follows:
- Protocol: UDP/IP
- Address: 255.255.255.255
- Port: 21322 (or whichever requested stats port you are using in DSTI. The same port is used for Data Studio.).
- Leave the rest blank.
6. Select the appropriate Data Source (DakStats, StatCrew, etc.) and Request Type (IndivStats). See examples below: Note: Anything left as %Select will be an option to choose when the button is pressed in a fly-out panel on the right hand side of the screen.
Data Studio Basketball (NCAA) version Version 19.12.404.0 or later.Note: If the Source is not available, see: My Data Studio Source is not available for requested stats.
7. Select Continuous.
8. Click the star next to button/step 1 to add a second line of script.
9. Select the + and then make a normal play button that plays the file needed to the correct zone.
10. Click Save.
Once the button is saved, you need to perform the following steps to use the stats request button:
- Click on the Stats Request script button just created and a window will fly out on the right hand side (similar to a queue in a Quick Display Container).
2. Within the new window, select the team tab the stats request is for (Guest), then choose the appropriate player (11 Song; P), and then select Accept.
For more information on Requested Stats, watch the video below:
KB ID: DD3089561
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.