- How do I set up a RSS or data feed in Venus Control Suite?
- How to I add an RSS or XML feed to Venus Control Suite?
- Product Family: Video Software and Controllers
- Product: Venus Control Suite
- Control System: Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted
The display needs to be compatible with data to utilize this feature. For information on display models and data, please see What displays and software are compatible with XML/RSS feeds?, DD2768279. Data opens a link to a data feed from an internet source. Acceptable data feeds include time, temperature, RSS, or XML feeds. Information from the data feed is shown on any designated display(s).
Scheduled Data Package:
To add a syndicated data feed information source:
- Log into Venus Control Suite.
- Click on the Data tab.
- Click Add New or click Data Feed from the drop-down list in Data Feeds.
- Type the name of the data feed in the Name of Feed text field.
- Type or paste the data feed URL address in the Feed URL field.
- Type the update interval and unit of time. This will determine how often Venus Control Suite polls data.
- Enter the Username and Password if required by the data feed source.
- Configure the data field component.
- Click Add Components under Data Feed Components.
- Click Confirm in the Add Component Confirmation window.
- Type the Component Name in the text box.
- Select a Data Type.
- Select an Element from the element tree.
- Click Add.
- Confirm data usage.
- Repeat with additional components.
- Click Save when done.
- Create a presentation using the data by following, How do I add my data feed to a web presentation in Venus Control Suite?, DD3740614.
Adding a Time / Temp Element:
Time and temperate data fields pull data directly from the display. The time field is according to the display clock and time zone settings. The temperature field will only pull data from the display if it has a temperature sensor installed.
Scheduled Atom or XML Data Packages:
Data feeds can also be set up in the Venus Control Suite version of Content Studio.