- How do I create a user in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I add a new user to Venus Control Suite?
- Product Family: Video Software and Controllers
- Product: Venus Control Suite (VCS)
- Components: Venus Pro Ad Grid, Venus Pro Playlist, Venus Prime
- Control System: Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted
Launch Venus Control Suite and log in by following How to log into Venus Control Suite., DD2973047.
Click Menu button on the top left corner of the software.
Click on Users in the Menu panel.
In the Users page, click on the blue Add New button.
Add user with temporary password:
- Enter all the required User Information, which includes: email address, account, user role, password, and confirm password. For password requirements, please see What are the password requirements for Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted?, DD3436202.
For more information on user roles, please see What are the different rights associated to the user roles in Venus Control Suite?, DD3544988.Click one of the blue Save buttons located on the top and bottom of the page.Enter all the required User Information, which includes: email address, account, and user role.
- Administrator User role has full rights.
- Standard User role has full rights to the Dashboard, Media Library, and create and modify playlists.
- Basic User role has access to Accounts and Reports, which is only available in Venus Pro and Venus Elite.
The new user will be sent an email that will request activation. In the email, the new user should click Activate Account, and set their password for their new account.
Note: Only Administrators have access to add additional users. The Administrator is responsible for providing login information to newly created users.
Venus Learning Center
For additional information, please visit: http://www.daktronics.com/en-us/support/venus-control-suite/learning-center/Dashboard.