- What is the best practice for setting up SyncBack for Vnets or DMP-8000?
- Product Family: DMP
- Product: DMP-8000, DMP-5000
- Control System: Show Control, Live Clips, Studio One
General Best Practices
For systems without a backup, SyncBack can be used to download resources to an external hard drive. The DMP's drive is the Source, and the external hard disk is the Destination. Files will be copied from the source to the destination.
What should I backup?
The recommended DMP-8000 files to backup: *.mov, *.avi, *.bmp, *.dsrc, *.gif, *.jpeg, *.jpg, *.layout, *.mp3, *.mp4, *.png, *.script, *.swf, *.tga, *.tif, *.wav, *.vmpl, *.vmpf
For backing up Show Control system files, see: How do I use the Nucleus Server Database utility?
For backing up DMP-8000 v6.1 or higher configuration
- Navigate to DMP-8000 web configuration
- Log in to the web page
- Select “Backup display configuration” on left had side.
- A prompt will open, save the file as backup to a location. This will make a .zip file that can be saved in an external location.
Recommended Naming: Computer name (ex.DMP8Main-P)_Date saved