How to switch from your primary to backup system
- How do you switch from your primary to backup system?
- Product Family: Software and Controllers
- Product: Show Control / Display Studio
- Components: DMP-7000, DMP-8000
- Control System:
Initialize display via a script button on Show Control
1. If you have a DMP 8000*, you will need to make sure to check the zone on both primary and backup on step 2 of your scripting buttons to make content play on both machines. This will happen automatically on DMP 7000.
*Note: If you have Show Control Version 1.41 and higher, DMP 8000 works just like DMP 7000. See steps 4 and 5.
Test on the primary system
- Open and display zones
- Play out content or test patterns
- Verify video on displays
Switch to the backup system and repeat the above steps.
1. Locate the A/B switch in the rack. Your system may be equipped with an Extron model similar to the one below. For the Extron switch, "1" is the primary and "2" is the backup. Switches "3" and "4" are not used and will produce a blank display if selected.
2. Push "2" to switch to the backup system.
- For DMP 7000 driven systems, you need to switch the imaging services in Display Studio to point to the backup. This will change what the monitor wall looks at and allows you to make new buttons with the primary machine off.
3. In the main menu, go to properties then service configuration.
4. Check the box next to the backup DMP 7000 player name. Click Ok.
KB ID: DD3293018
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.