How to do a pre-event check for professional baseball control system?
- How to do a pre-event check for professional baseball control system?
- Product Family: Software and Controllers, Sport Software and Interfaces
- Product: Show Control, DSTI, DCGI
- Components: Sports Wire 4000, GameDay Graphics Generator, Scorebook Generator, StatVision
- Control System: MLB and MiLB systems
Power on your Control Room
There is a video tutorial and directions listed here: What is the proper rack start up procedure?
Verify each computer is turned on and there are no alerts that need to be addressed. Most control system work stations are connected via KVM.
- From any workstation navigate to another computer by pressing scroll lock twice.
- This will open a window displaying a list of computers to navigate to.
- Select the computer you wish to use (V7Fascia-P, V7Fascia-B, V7Main-P, V7Main-B, DSTI-P, DM8Main-P, etc.)
- Press Enter or Connect.
Listen to make sure there are no unusual beeping or excessive noises coming from the computers.
Verify Primary/Backup Systems Operational
Prepare Control Systems
1. Verify the green status light in Display Studio
If you see a red light, this should be investigated prior to your event. Here is a video tutorial that will give possible solutions:
2. Load any new content for your game.
How to Import Graphics into DMP-8000? -knowledge base article
How to Load and Script Content with Show Control and DMP-8000 -video tutorial
How to Load and Script Content with Show Control and DMP-7000 -video tutorial
3. Test out any new content or buttons before the doors open.
4. Edit inning break loops
5. Start playing pregame content 30 minutes prior to doors open.
DCGI-P (if applicable)
Verify the DCGI program is open and running.
Verify your Statistics and Data Feeds
Download pregame stats via GameDay
- Open GameDay Baseball
- Start Download
- When download has finished, close program. For more details, see: MLB GameDay Quick Start Guide.
- Once the download is complete, open DakStats. Today's game(s) will already be created.
- Open the play-by-play game.
- Enter the starting lineup for the home and guest teams in DakStats Baseball.
In the DSTI application
- DSTI should open automatically when the game is opened. Verify the correct competition is opened and that the correct stats are being displayed
- Verify DSTI is receiving and transmitting data by monitoring the ports
- See this knowledge base article for more: How to use DSTI monitor ports.
Verify clock signal is being sent to desired devices (Truck Dock-ESPN/FOX Box, time stamp to stats program)
Test D.O.G./shot clock, E.O.P. lights, locker room clocks
Out-of-Town scores via Sports Wire 4000
Download (This should happen automatically but if not follow directions below)
- From SWI-P computer - Open Sports wire
- On the drivers tab select Driver Configurations
- Select Get Today's Data
Note: If everything is working properly, the green indicator beside the port number on the outputs tab will flash when data is sent. For example, if the hold time is set to "10", it will flash every 10 seconds. The indicator will turn red when the port is disabled/closed.
See: Sports Wire 4000 for MLB.com Quick Start Guide for more details.
Spray Charts via GameDay Graphics Generator (if applicable)
- Open the application via shortcut on desktop
- Make sure GameDay Graphics Generator program is up and running.
Scorecard creation via Scorebook (if applicable)
- Open the application via shortcut on desktop
- This generates the scorecards for the main video board.
Situational stats and league leaders/standings via StatVision (if applicable)
See: StatVision for Baseball Software Quick Start Guide (ED-17884) for more details.
Test your All Sport Console
Changes for a new home series (if applicable)
Update Show Control
- Change out visiting team backgrounds and logos
- Make sure visiting team pitcher headshots are in place.
- The messages should be already created in Content Studio. The new images will need to be moved into the appropriate folders to display properly.
For more details on updating Media RTD, see:
- How to Create Media RTD Batter Headshots-knowledge base article
- How to Create Presentations with Media Real Time Data in Content Studio-knowledge base article
KB ID: DD3297396
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.