Venus Web Editor: How do I create a presentation using the Venus Control Suite?
- Content composition via the Venus Web Editor
- Fonts, Importing, Text, etc.
- Product: Venus Basic, Venus Select, Venus Professional, Venus Enterprise
- Components: Online Web Editor
- Control System: Venus Cloud-Based, Venus Local
- Launch and log into Venus Control Suite by following, Venus Control Suite: How do I log in?
- Open Web Editor from the Apps Menu located in the top right corner or from the Venus Launchpad.
- Click Create New Presentation from Web Editor’s opening menu or select New Presentation from the Web Editor menu.
- Title the presentation, select the target display size, and click Continue.
- Reference the following options as needed.
- To add an image, select the image icon or Add Media at the top. Items from the media library will populate. Note: Do not delete the image used from Venus Control Suite unless it is not being used in a playlist. If it is deleted the piece of content in the playlist with the image will no longer be displayed.
- Navigate to the Properties tab to alter the properties of the media.
- The Content section can be used to alter the type of media and background color of the media field.
- The Position section can be used to alter the size and position properties of the image. Or, click and drag the text box to alter the size and position.
- From the Web Editor main menu, click the Add Textbox button.
- Navigate to the Properties tab to alter the many elements of the textbox.
- The Content section can be used to alter the text and background color of the textbox.
- The Position section can be used to alter the size and position properties of the textbox. The size and position of the textbox can also be adjusted by clicking and dragging the textbox on the slide.
- The Font section can be used to alter the font, font size, font color, style, drop shadow, outline, and spacing of the text inside the textbox.
Venus Web Editor: How can I adjust font smoothing in a presentation?
Adding Date, Time and Data.
- Venus Web Editor: How do I create a time, temp, date messages with Venus Control Suite?
- Venus Web Editor: How do I create a countdown in Venus Control Suite?
- Venus Web Editor : How do I add my data feed to a web presentation in Venus Control Suite?
- Data Studio: How do I create social media feeds? (Data Studio required)
- Venus Web Editor: How do I add a weather feed to my content?
- To reorder the layering of elements, drag and drop from the Elements column.
- Additional slides can be added by clicking the plus sign in the upper right corner under the Slide column or you can duplicate a slide by clicking on the duplicate (copy) icon next to the layout.
- Note: Slide duration cannot exceed image duration. See article 000001836, to adjust image duration
- Use this tab to duplicate or delete existing slides in the presentation.
- The hold time of content can be adjusted for each slide by typing in the desired hold time. This will only be available in the Web Presentation if multiple slides are added. To adjust hold time for a single slide presentation follow Venus Scheduling: How do I add custom constraints to a playlist file in Venus Control Suite. when scheduling.
Related ResourcesVCS: Web Editor
KB ID: 000019858
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.