Venus Web Editor: How do I add a temperature / weather feed to my content?
How do I setup easy drop weather to my VCS account?
How to show temperature, weather, or forecast.
Easy Drop Weather provides an easy-to-use weather feed that can be added to any display via Web Editor and will pull local conditions based on the location of the display (zip code). No temp sensor is needed.
- Product: Venus Basic, Venus Select, Venus Professional, Venus Enterprise
- Components: Easy Drop Weather, Web Editor, Data Studio
- Control System: Venus Cloud-Based
Verify the display location.
- Log into Venus Control Suite
- From the Launchpad's My Apps menu, select Venus.
- Choose Displays from the left side menu.
- Choose the Display that will be showing weather information.
- Under Display/ Configuration, enter the display's location.
- Search the location by typing in the city name and press enter. This will provide a drop-down list of options to select from
- Pick a location from the list.
Repeat this process for any other display in within the account.
Enable the Data Studio Easy Drop Weather Feed.
- Navigate to Data Studio (under My Apps).
- Under Data Sources, select the existing Easy Drop Weather feed.
- Move the toggle to Enable the feed.
Build your content within VCS Web Editor.This content will act as a template for the account's displays that have the size and aspect ratios. With multiple displays, sample data will default to one location within the account when making content. However, the feed will map to the correct location when playing on the display.
- Open the new Web Editor App from the My Apps Menu
- Open an existing presentation or create something new
- Select the Easy Drop feed by selecting the data source from the drop-down menu in the Data tab.
Forecast Weather -Expand ‘Forecasts’ to view all the data associated with a multi-day forecast. Use the up and down arrows to cycle through each day of the forecast. Drag and drop elements from the right panel onto the canvas to build your weather forecast content.
Save and schedule the content as normal.This content can be scheduled to any display that has a location set and the local weather conditions will display on screen.
KB ID: 000025008
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.