Venus Easy Drop Weather: How do I add Open Weather icons to my content?
- Product: Venus Basic, Venus Select, Venus Professional, Venus Enterprise
- Components: Easy Drop Weather, Web Editor, Data Studio
- Control System: Venus Cloud-Based, Venus Local
Venus Package Requirements: Venus Control Suite Package Choices
The source of the conditional weather icons is from OpenWeather.
Build your content within VCS Web Editor.
This content will act as a template for the account's displays that have the size and aspect ratios. With multiple displays, sample data will default to one location within the account when making content. However, the feed will map to the correct location when playing on the display.
- Open the new Web Editor App from the My Apps Menu.
- Open an existing presentation or creation something new.
- Select the Easy Drop feed by selecting the data source from the drop-down menu in the Data tab.
- Select Forecast 1. Drag and drop the Weather/Forecasts/Icons/Path element onto your canvas.
- Drag and drop DayofWeek or any other elements for that forecast day.
- Repeat through the desired forecast days.
- Save and schedule the content as normal. This content can be scheduled to any display that has a location set and the local weather conditions will display on screen.
- Open Data Studio and choose sources from the left side menu. .
- Click on the paper clip icon to view the feed details.
- Select value by picking the location.
- Click on the + symbol to expand the weather feed.
- Click on the icon URL if you want to see what they will look like.
KB ID: 000025399
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.