Did You Just Order a New Display? Getting Started in Venus Control Suite.
Welcome back to the Venus Control Suite blog, everyone! This week we’re sharing some very important information to ensure you get off to a great start with your new software! We want to make sure that you receive all the necessary information when you first get started using Venus Control Suite. In order to guarantee that […]
Daktronics Commercial Software Training on 2/24/2016
Categories: Venus Control Suite Training
Welcome back to the Venus Control Suite blog, everyone! This week we’re sharing some very important information to ensure you get off to a great start with your new software!
We want to make sure that you receive all the necessary information when you first get started using Venus Control Suite. In order to guarantee that you do, you may have to add the domain @ Daktronics.com or even the below email addresses to your email safe list.
You might be asking yourself, “How in the world do I do that?!” Well, don’t worry, we will provide step-by-step instructions below, so be sure to keep reading!
Within a week of submitting your order for a Daktronics display, you’ll receive Venus Control Suite Software Activation information including your username and password from SoftwareActivation@daktronics.com. Log-in credentials are unique to individual users, and you will be prompted to change your password upon first log-in.
You will also receive a Venus Control Suite Software Training invitation with registration information from SoftwareTraining@Daktronics.com.
If for some reason you didn’t receive the above information via email, then you have 3 options going forward:
1. Email Daktronics asking for login information. Be sure to use the email originally used on the order form.
2. Call Daktronics Customer Service from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST, Monday-Friday and ask to speak with one of our professional trainers for assistance. You can also reach both Customer Service and our Software Trainers online. Just click the links below!
- Domestic (U.S. and Canada): 1-800-DAKTRONics (1-800-325-8766)
- International: +1-605-697-4000
- Submit an online service request
- Contact a trainer
3. Our recommended course of action is to proactively add the above email addresses to your email safe list by following the instructions below.
Instructions for adding Daktronics to your email address book:
Delivering emails presents many challenges with increased privacy and security concerns, most commonly due to viruses and spam. Images are frequently not displayed, only partially displayed, or sometimes the email is blocked altogether.
Adding the sender’s email address to your address book or safe list ensures you receive email from those you trust. To help you receive those valued communications, we have provided instructions for the most commonly used email services and programs.
- AOL Webmail
- Click on the Addresses tab in the upper right corner of the Mailbox window.
- Click the New dropdown menu and select New Contact.
- Type the email address of the new contact in the Screen Name field and click the Save button.
- Click the Contacts link.
- Check the box next to the contact entry where you’d like to add additional information.
- Click the Edit button.
- Enter the information you’d like in the provided fields. If you have something to add other than what the fields indicate, click More Information.
- Click Save.
- Open your Hotmail mailbox.
- Select Options from the top right (next to the question mark).
- Select More options > Safe and blocked senders (under Preventing junk email)> Safe senders.
- In the space provided, enter the address.
Example: You can either enter a specific email address or use *Daktronics.com or @ Daktronics.com to whitelist the domain.
- Select Add to list.
- Ensure the safe mailing lists box has the address you entered, and select OK.
- From the Home tab, locate the Delete panel, and click the dropdown arrow next to Junk.
- Select Junk E-mail Options.
- Click on the Safe Senders tab.
- Click the Add button and type an e-mail address or Internet domain name (e.g. @ daktronics.com) to be added to the list.
- Click OK to close out of the Add address or domain window.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to close out the Junk E-mail Options window.
- Click on the Address dropdown menu in the upper left corner of the mail screen.
- Select Add Contact from the address dropdown menu.
- Type the Email Address of the contact and click on Save Contact.
Instructions for changing your password
As we mentioned earlier, once you have logged into Venus Control Suite for the very first time, you will be prompted to change your password. All you have to do is:
- Type your desired password (that no one else knows) into the New Password box.
- Retype your password under Confirm Password.
- Click Save.
Now you will be directed to the Venus Control Suite Dashboard for your account, and will be able to use your new password for all future logins.
For even more help getting started in Venus Control Suite, be sure to visit the Venus Learning Center by clicking the links below!
As we always say, thank you for reading! We hope you find the information useful and helpful. Please let us know if you have any questions or ideas for future posts in the comments below. Thanks again!