- What data fields are available with Data Studio MiLB?
- How do I build content using In-Venue Stats?
- Product Family: Sport Product, Software, Control System
- Component: Data Studio Baseball In-Venue MLBAM Stats, Content Studio 2.0
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS) version 2.20.1+
The In-Venue Profile is included in Show Control version 2.20.1 or later. This will update users to Content Studio 2.0.
- For basic content creation processes see: How do I create presentations with data Show Control 2.18 or later?
- Add data elements from the Baseball: MiLB (DakStats) profile
- Use the Game Stats: Data Studio BA in Venue Scoreboard folder
- Drag and drop fields as needed onto the canvas in content studio
- The itf file is located here: Data Studio BA In Venue Scoreboard.itf
- This file can be downloaded and opened in a notepad file to view the fields and can also be used to view the live incoming data in data monitor
In-Venue Stats Available
|CURRENT BATTER ||CURRENT PITCHER||DUE UPS (both teams)||LINE UPS (both teams)||GAME SUMMARY||GAME INFORMATION|
AT BATS (AB)
HOME RUNS (HR)
RUNS BATTED IN (RBI)
EARNED RUN AVERAGE (ERA)
INNINGS PITCHED (IP)
|1 - NUMBER |
1 - NAME
1 - AVERAGE (AVG)
2 - " "
3 - " "
|1 - CURRENT BATTER INDICATOR|
1 - NUMBER
1 - NAME
1 - POSITION
1 - AVERAGE (AVG)
1 - GAME PREVIOUS AB (H-AB)
2- " "
3- " "
4- " "
5- " "
6- " "
7- " "
8- " "
9- " "
|WP NUM |
|HOME LONG NAME |
HOME SHORT NAME
VIS LONG NAME
VIS SHORT NAME
HOME PITCHER NUM
HOME PITCHER NAME
HOME PITCHER RECORD
HOME PITCHER ERA
VIS PITCHER NUM
VIS PITCHER NAME
VIS PITCHER RECORD
VIS PITCHER ERA
Data from Data Studio Baseball introduces new data fields not previously available and/or changes to some existing fields as seen below:
Inning State Data Field (new)
- INNING STATE (Top, Middle, Bottom,End) - Top and bottom indicators are still available. This new field will show will until the batter is up at the begining of each half inning. EX: After the 3rd out at the top of the 1st inning, the inning state will change to middle. Then once the batter steps into the box for the home team, the state will change to bottom. After the 3rd out for the home team, the inning state will change to end.
Team Options (changed)
- Exemption: The Home/Guest Team City will show City Abreviaton/Mascot e.g. "Chi Cubs" if multiple teams in same city, otherwise, just the city will be shown
Home Town Options (changed)
Hometown: Will show City, State (if provided), and Country (suppressed if USA) e.g. Los Angleles, CA (no country) where as a player from the Domican Republic would show Santo Domingo, DOM (no state)
Displaying Names with Accents or Diacritics (new)
- Look for data fields with Accents in the title if you want to display names with special characters
- Last First Accents, First Last Accents will contain diacritics as seen above
- The data fields Last Name, First Name, and Use Name do not include diacritics. This is the way it comes from MLBAM
Game-Day Behavior in Data Studio Baseball
- Today: Data Studio will use the computer date to get 'today'. Then, it gets a schedule from BAM to see the day's games. Data Studio Baseball will then filter down to games at that Venue ID
- Schedule reload: Set this to 5:00 am. Do not want to lose an active game because the game has the potential to go past midnight
- Time: This is local to the time zone your computer is setup for
- If NO games are found 'today' for the Venue ID configured, the RTD packets will not be sent.
- If ONE game is found 'today' for the Venue ID configured, the game will be parsed and RTD packets sent. (regardless of status…. pre-game, in-game, or post-game)
- If MULTIPLE games are found 'today' for the Venue ID configured:
- The chronological EARLIEST game marked as In-Progress will be displayed. BAM calls this 'Live'. Suspended games will also have this designation. The date the suspended game is resumed will work out automatically due to how the feed sends games for 'todays' date
- If NO games are Live/In-Game, then Data Studio Baseball looks for games that are pre-game. It will output the FIRST or EARLIEST game marked as pre-game. BAM calls this 'Preview'.
- If there is a double header and neither games have started, Data Studio Baseball will output the first game of the double header in Preview mode
- If NO games are LIVE and NO games are PREVIEW, Data Studio Baseball will output the LAST or LATEST game marked as 'post-game'. BAM calls this 'Final'
- If there is a double header or tournament and all games have ended, Data Studio Baseball will output the game that most recently ended.
- IMPORTANT: When there is a double header or multiple games on the schedule for 'today,' the data will automatically refresh to the next game at the completion of the current LIVE game. This means as soon as the first/next game of the doubleheader/tournament is marked as 'Final', the data for the next game will be output so you won't be able to show winning or losing pitchers for a few minutes after a game has ended as that data will no longer be available