This article describes the recommended procedure for creating media real time date fields in Content Studio. Common uses include adding images for team logos, player graphics, timeouts, and Balls-Strikes-Outs indicators. This feature is intended to be used with Show Control with either DMP-7000 or DMP-8000 Players. The data source can be the All Sport 5000 or most other timing/statistic programs that interface with Daktronics Show Control System.
1. Save your creative as follows:
The sizing can be later adjusted in the field properties. However, for best results, size the image to match the pixel size that it is intended display on.
For DMP-7000 Players
Supported File Types: BMP, JPG, JPEG PNG, GIF, and TIF.
Signs that are controlled using the DMP-7000, MUST have any image used for Media RTD stored in the Bitmaps folder, usually located under D:\V7000\Bitmaps
For DMP-8000 Players
Supported File Types: VMPL, VMPF, AVI, BMP, JPG, JPEG, PNG, MPG, MPEG, and SWF.
Files must be stored in the MediaRTD subfolder of the Content folder.
Note: You can place files in a subfolder of the media RTD folder when using the Multiple fields feature in version 2.1 of Show Control.
How do I Use Media RTD Items that are Inside Subfolders?
Note: the file types are listed in their order of priority – if multiple files with the same name are in the MediaRTD folder, the player will use the file that is of the type listed first above (i.e. if the MediaRTD folder contained both Player Name.JPG and Player Name.AVI, it would insert Player Name.AVI into the content).
2. The images must have the same name as the RTD field it will be linked to. For example if, If the All Sport operator enters the home team name as the "BEARS", then the Media RTD image must be named the same way.
1. Start a new presentation in Content Studio. Add any formatting to the background of the presentation. This can include adding text, or inserting a background image.
Note: RTD fields will always play on top of any other images or text fields.
2. Choose your Sport Profile from the Dynamic Data Library on the left hand side of Content Studio.
- Game in Progress: Any information that is received from the AllSport is located in the Game in Progress Source.
- Out-of-Town Scores: Information collected from SportsWire with detailed out of town scores.
- Game Stats: Any information that is received from a statistical program that is managing game, season, and career stats. (I.E DakStats, Stat Crew, GSIS)
Requested Stats: Individual or Team Stats information that is not sent automatically from the DSTI.
See- How to Create Presentations with Data in Content Studio