How do I set up a RSS or data feed in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I set up a RSS or data feed in Venus Control Suite?
- How to I add an RSS or XML feed to Venus Control Suite?
- Product Family: Video Software and Controllers
- Product: Venus Control Suite
- Control System: Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted
For Venus apps, see:
How do I create social media feeds in Data Studio?
How to configure data sources in Data Studio?
The display needs to be compatible with data to utilize this feature. For information on display models and data, please see What displays and software are compatible with XML/RSS feeds?, DD2768279. Data opens a link to a data feed from an internet source. Acceptable data feeds include time, temperature, RSS, or XML feeds. Information from the data feed is shown on any designated display(s).
Scheduled Data Package:
To add a syndicated data feed information source:
- Log into Venus Control Suite.
- Click on the Data tab.
- Click Add New or click Data Feed from the drop-down list in Data Feeds.
- Type the name of the data feed in the Name of Feed text field.
- Type or paste the data feed URL address in the Feed URL field.
- Type the update interval and unit of time. This will determine how often Venus Control Suite polls data.
- Enter the Username and Password if required by the data feed source.
- Configure the data field component.
- Click Add Components under Data Feed Components.
- Click Confirm in the Add Component Confirmation window.
- Type the Component Name in the text box.
- Select a Data Type.
- Select an Element from the element tree.
- Click Add.
- Confirm data usage.
- Repeat with additional components.
- Click Save when done.
- Create a presentation using the data by following, How do I add my data feed to a web presentation in Venus Control Suite?, DD3740614.
Adding a Time / Temp Element:
Time and temperate data fields pull data directly from the display. The time field is according to the display clock and time zone settings. The temperature field will only pull data from the display if it has a temperature sensor installed.
- To add a time / temp element to a slide, please follow How do I create a time, temp, or date message in the Web Compositor for Venus Control Suite?, DD3485657.
Scheduled Atom or XML Data Packages:
Data feeds can also be set up in the Venus Control Suite version of Content Studio.
- To set up a feed in Content Studio, please follow How do I create a feed in Content Studio?, DD2693094.
- If you have not already downloaded Content Studio for Venus Control Suite, please follow How do I download Content Studio for Venus Control Suite?, DD3212731.
KB ID: DD3585507
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.