No communication to display, ETH Link on server radio not lit; Bad Cable
- No communication to the display.
- Unable to ping the display.
- ETH Link LED on the server radio is not lit.
- Ethernet cable from server (building) radio to the POE is damaged.
- Display showing Communication error in Venus Control Suite.
- Large amount of packet loss when pinging the server radio (192.168.17.17).
- Displays with DHCP enabled will show a 169.254.x.x. IP at boot up.
Computer directly connected to DC Injector specific symptoms
- LED lights on the computer's NIC are off.
- Local area connection on computer shows Media Disconnected or Network Cable Unplugged.
- Local area connection may be toggling between Network Cable Unplugged and Identifying.
900 xTR model specific symptoms
- Unable to ping server radio or detect it with EBR diagnostics.
- Ping returns saying Destination Net Unreachable.
- Able to intermittently ping the server radio.
EBR Diagnostic Utility symptoms
- Getting "No radios found" or "This Version of Firmware is Not Supported" error.
- Product Family: Message Displays
- Product: Galaxy, GalaxyPro, GS6, Electronic Message Center (EMC) or Board (EMB), Marquee, Readerboard
- Component: Ethernet Bridge Radios (EBRs), DC Injector (DCI) / Power over Ethernet (POE) device, Network patch cable
- Control System: Venus 1500 v3 or v4, Venus Control Suite
- CAT5 cable between the network/computer and server radio has failed or became disconnected. There are 2 Ethernet cables in this system that can have this issue.
- CAT5 network patch cable between the network/computer and the DC injector.
- CAT5 cable between DC Injector and Server radio.
- Replace the appropriate cable between the network switch/adapter to the DC Injector or between the DC Injector and Server radio.
- Note: Re-termination of the CAT5 cable may also resolve the issue.
- Note: Cable might be placed directly into computer, remove from computer and place into network switch/adapter.
- Replace pair of radios if cable isn't able to be replaced and it goes directly to server radio.
KB ID: DD1994623
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.