No communication, Ethernet link not lit on server; Issue with cable connection
- No communication to the display.
- Unable to ping the display.
- ETH Link LED on the server radio is not lit.
- Client radio has power and Eth Link LED is lit but shows no signal strength.
Computer directly connected to DC Injector specific symptoms
- LED lights on the computer's NIC or D-Link adapter are off.
- Local area connection on computer or D-Link adapter shows Media Disconnected or Network Cable Unplugged.
900 xTR model specific symptoms
- Unable to ping server radio or detect it with EBR diagnostics.
- Network troubleshooter within Venus 1500 is not detecting the radios.
- Product: Galaxy, GalaxyPro, Electronic Message Center (EMC) or Board (EMB), Marquee, Readerboard
- Component: Ethernet Bridge Radios (EBRs)
- DC Injector (DCI) / Power over Ethernet (POE) device
- Control System:
- RJ-45 connection between the network/computer and server radio is poorly seated or not connected.
- There are at least 3 connection points that may be suspect. This may vary depending on if a coupler and additional cabling was used in the setup.
- Re-Seat all connections between network/computer and server radio ensuring cables are properly connected. Recommend doing 1 at at a time and seeing which RJ-45 connection fixes the issue.
- See: Ethernet Bridge Radios: How to hook up the DC Injector or PoE
- Note: If continual issue is seen with a certain RJ-45 connection, it is recommend to have that cable replaced or RJ-45 end re-terminated.
KB ID: DD2350347
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.