- How do I set up Venus M-Bridge software?
- Product Family: Message Displays, Transportation
- Product: M2 and M3 controlled displays
- Component: M-Series Software Bridge
- Control System: Venus Control Suite (VCS) - Daktronics Hosted, VCS - Locally Hosted
Note - These steps can be followed for the M-Series Hardware Bridge starting with step 3, once the M-Series Hardware Bridge has been added to the network.
- Prior to installation of the Venus M-Bridge software, install Daktronics Display Find. (Need to install version 220.127.116.11 or higher)
- Install Venus M-Bridge software (0A-1603-0020). (NOTE: Software Bridge cannot be installed on same machine as Locally-Hosted Venus Control Suite).
Run Display Find or open an internet browser and enter machine's IP or http://localhost/ and press Enter.Note GUID (take a screen shot for future reference). Enter Host name:
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10 OS.
- Will install successfully on machine with Venus 1500 V4 already installed.
Click on Save button. Enter Email/UserName and Password associated with account and click on Log In button. Add Display (that will be linked later to the Venus M-Bridge).Select Displays. (if the display is already configured then skip this step). Click on the Add New button and configure the display then click the Save button. Associate M-Bridge:
- For Daktronics Hosted enter: https://venus.daktronics.com
- For Locally Hosted enter: https://(hostcomputername)
Enter the first few characters of the GUID that you noted back in Item 6 while configuring the M-Bridge into the search field until you have identified the GUID of the Bridge. Click on the box to the left of the Bridge and then click on Associate Selected button.Link Display to Bridge.
- Select Settings.
- Select Bridge Association .
Click on Connect to Bridge button.Select the desired Bridge.Complete the Device Name and IP or Hostname Address of the display controller, shown in the fields below, then click on the Save button.
- Select Displays, then Devices.
Click on the Save button to save changes. Select Dashboard to verify Displays are configured.
- Ensure that the Bridge device can communicate with the controller IP address prior to saving.