- How to make display blank at night or create day parting playlist in Venus 1500 V4?
- How do I setup my display to play daily from 6:00am through 10:00pm daily?
- How to blank display between 1:00am and 5:00am in Venus 1500 V4?
- How can I make my display blank between 11:00pm and 6:00am every day?
- How to blank display between 1 am and 5 am in Venus 1500 V4?
- How do I blank my display between the hours of 1:00am and 5:00am in Venus 1500 V4?
- How to schedule messages to run overnight in Venus 1500 v4
- How to schedule overnight in Venus 1500 v4 or past Midnight or 12:00am.
- How do I change display hours so the display shuts off at night?
- How do I adjust the hours of operation so the display shuts off at night in continuous mode?
- How do I blank my display momentarily during the playing of the national anthem?
- Product Family: Software
- Product: Galaxy, GalaxyPro
- Control System: Venus 1500 V4
Answers / Steps
Scheduled Playlist Mode: Allows content to be scheduled to play at various times of the day.
Option 1: Dayparting content to run during specific times of the day.
Follow these steps when you want specific content to be played during specific times each day. Example: Morning playlist running breakfast content only from Open-10:30; Lunch specials 10:30-2, etc...
- Launch Venus 1500 V4 software.
- Click Schedule Tab.
- Click Add -> Playlist.
- Provide the playlist with a Description (i.e. Morning, Afternoon, Evening) and choose a Color to help differentiate it from other playlists.
- Click the Green Plus sign, browse and select presentation(s), and click Open to add presentations to the playlist.
- Set the Start Date from the arrow menu or type it in using the keyboard.
- Set the End Date from the arrow menu or type it in using the keyboard.
- Set the Start Time (i.e. 6:00:00 AM for when you want your Morning playlist to begin.) from the arrow menu or type it in using the keyboard.
- Set the End Time (i.e. 10:00:00 AM for when you want your Morning playlist to stop.) from the arrow menu or type it in using the keyboard.
- Since the messages are scheduled to run for a certain time each day, then click Recurrence tab.
- Change the recurrence pattern from None to Weekly (You can also choose Monthly or Yearly) and choose which days of the week you want the playlist to play.
- Click OK.
- Click Publish To Display.
- The display will be blank outside of the time range you chose unless you schedule other playlists to play during that time.
Option 2: Blanking display during specific times of the day.
Follow these steps if your display needs to be turned off overnight. For our example we will say the display has to be blank between 1:00:00 AM and 5:00:00 AM to comply with city ordinances.
- Venus 1500 V4 does not allow playlists to have an end time that is before the start time. The resolution is to create two playlists.
- To begin creating playlist #1 click on the Schedule Tab.
Option 1: Play content continuously 24/7.
Continuous Mode is enabled by default when you download the software.
It is recommended to choose a mode and not switch back and forth between them. When switching from Continuous Mode to Scheduled Mode, the current schedule will be put into a playlist. However, the schedule will be deleted when switching from Scheduled Mode to Continuous Mode.
Special Situations: Manually blanking display for a short duration.
Option 2: Adjust the Hours of Operation.
In order to blank your display or shut it off overnight you can change the hours of operation.
Click on the Schedule tab.
Go to Hours of Operation (Under the blue panel with white arrows on the left) and uncheck the All day box.
Set the Start Time for when the display should be turned on from the arrow menu or type it in using the keyboard.
Select the End Time for when the display should be turned off from the arrow menu or type it in using the keyboard.
Click Publish To Display to save your changes.
An example of this is when the national anthem is being played.
- In order to momentarily blank your display you can use the "Blank Display" Display Tool.
- Click the Home tab. The Schedule list will be listing the currently playing Playlist(s).
- Click the Display Tools dropdown to display the various tool buttons.
- Click the "Blank Display" button.
- "Blank Display" stops the running schedule, which blanks the display. The currently playing Playlist(s) will be removed from the Schedule list.
- Click the Schedule tab when you're ready to continue displaying content.
- Click "Publish To Display" to continue displaying content.
- Click the Home tab, the Schedule list will update with the selected Playlist(s).