- Product Family: Software, Control Systems
- Components: Display Studio, DMP-7000, DMP-8000
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS)
Display Studio playlists are used when you want to have multiple files play in succession with a single button. Create Playlist scripts will automatically loop the files back to the top of the list and start over. This feature is beneficial for creating Ad rotations, player introductions, crowd messages, etc.
** Daktronics recommends adding up to, but not exceeding 75 files in a single playlist. More files can be added, but functionality could be impacted. **
- Create a scripting button with a Create Playlist script to play a specified set of media files on one or more DMP-7000 signs or DMP-8000 zones in a specified manner. When this button is executed, the signs display queue(s) will be cleared, the playlist's media files will be added to the queue(s), and the first file will start to play.
- Right Click in the Scripting Container background and Choose New Button
- In Step 1, choose your player type: DMP-7000 Player Control or DMP-8000 Player Control.
- Step 2, select the sign(s) / zone(s) on which you want the files to be played by placing a check in front
- Step 3, choose Create Playlist
- Step 4, select the Media Files by clicking the Add button to open the file browser. Locate the media file you wish for the button to play and click open. The Insert button can also be used to insert files into the playlist.
Note: You can select multiple files at a time by holding CTRL while you click; this will add them to the playlist in the order you click them.
- Once the file(s) have been added:
- The media file duration can be customized for DMP-8000 playlists. This is helpful multiple synchronized playlists will be added. See: How to Customize Media File Duration in Display Studio Within a Playlist?
- Audio settings can be customized. See: How to play an audio file out of a DMP-8000 using Show Control
- The check box next to each file indicates which files will be active or inactive when the button is clicked.
NOTE: For DMP-7000 playlists, the gear icon will only give the repeat option to set the number of run time(s) for each file.