- How do I run test patterns on a DI-6000 or VP-6000 through the user interface?
- Product Family: Display Interface, Video Processor
- Product: DI-6000, VP-6000 version 14.1 or later
- Components: user interface
- Control System:
Note: Disable test patterns while doing Bootload/Calibration/Load TT activities.
- Log in to the user interface. How to log into the 6000 user interface?
- On the left side menu, click the test patterns icon.
- Click Add to create a new pattern.
- From the drop-down menu, choose where the test pattern is inserted in the signal path. The test pattern can be used to override an input or an output.
- From the second drop-down, choose the test pattern.
- Make any configuration to the test pattern and click Create.
- A confirmation message appears. Click Start.
- To stop the pattern, click the x in the top-right corner of the tile.
Test pattern intended uses:
All on Rotate - Test each color, Does this runs through its intensity levels
Grid - Crosshatch patterns are used to check and calibrate centering, aspect ratio, convergence, and both vertical and horizontal linearity.
Image - play a specific image.
Module ID Grid - showing if modules are in the correct order. Do this to verify the translation table and connections.
Module Locator Grid - Do this to locate a specific module that may need attention.
Standard Video Pattern – SMPTE, simple bars, Tartan Bars, The purpose of bars and tone is to serve as a reference or target for the calibration of color.
Wand - Do this to check for seaming or tearing as the line moves across the display.