How do I validate my script buttons in Display Studio?
- How do I find broken buttons in Display Studio?
- How do I verify script lines or commands in my Display Studio buttons?
Product Family: Software, Control System
Components: Show Control version 2.7+, DMP-8000 7.32+
Control System: SShow Control System (SCS)
Proactively find "broken buttons" and avoid embarrassing in-event situations where buttons don't "work". Season to season maintenance, such as updating or deleting content just got easier and more reliable.
There are three ways to verify buttons.
1. Click the Display Studio Hub to open the Main Menu. Choose Verify Buttons from the list. This will verify all buttons in the workspace.
Starting with Show Control 2.18 these additional options are available:
2. Right Click the page that you would like to verify. Then, choose Verify Page from the list. This will verify all buttons on the selected page.
3. Right Click the button or buttons that need to be verified. Then, choose Verify Button(s) from the options. This will verify selected buttons.
When the dialog box opens up, it will run a validation search for any broken script buttons.
- This search will include missing or misnamed files, missing zones, and missing buttons that are called to in Include Scripts.
If an error appears on the list, click the + symbol next to the error to expand a single error, or click the cascading + symbol in the top right corner to expand them all.
Click on a broken button and choose from the following options:
Edit: Choose edit to open the selected script button's properties.
Go To: Click Go To and move to the selected script button's appropriate Page and Tab. The desired button will be highlighted.
Play: Click play the selected button. Useful for verifying the button functions as you intend after fixing.
After deleting or fixing the button, click refresh to rescan the script buttons to be sure all errors or warnings have been resolved.
Here is an animation of the process: