- How do I control when Windows 10 restart updates occur on my Daktronics Computers?
Product Family: Software and Controllers
Product: Windows 10 operating systems
Verify active hours
- Navigate to Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Click “Change Active Hours” under Update Settings.
Choose a “Start time” and “End time” here. Define the hours during which the computer is in use.
For example, with the new 18 hour range, you can set your “active hours” from 6 AM to 12 AM, or midnight. Windows won’t automatically install updates during these hours. Windows will only automatically install updates and restart during the hours of midnight to 6 AM.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Restart Options
- Use the tools to pick a better time for your computer to restart. Opt to show notification to prevent an undesired restart.