- How do I update firmware on my Sierra Wireless modem?
- Sierra Wireless AirLink modems or gateways
- Raven XE/XT, LS300, GX400, GX440, GX450, ES450, RV50, MP70
- Log into the modem.
From the Status tab -> About, verify the current ALEOS Software Version.
- Firmware updates work best with physical access to the modem, plugged into either the Ethernet port directly, or into the router/switch that is on site.
- The default internal interface is https://192.168.13.31:9443
- If you are remote, connecting through the cellular network, go to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9443 where the x's are replaced by the static IP of the modem.
- User name: user
- Password: your specific password
Locate and download the appropriate firmware(s) from the Sierra Wireless website, https://www.sierrawireless.com/sitecore/content/developer-zone/.
- If the current version is 4.3.4 or newer, update directly to the newest version.
- If the current version is 4.3.3 or earlier, you will need to update to 4.3.4 first, then repeat these steps to update to the newest version.
Click the Software and Firmware button.On the Software and Firmware window that opened, click the Choose File or Browse button and locate the ALEOS_Software file that you downloaded and extracted.
- You will need to create a free account to download the firmware.
- Once the file is downloaded, extract the contents of the zip folder.
Click the Update button.The ALEOS update runs automatically.The modem will automatically reboot when the update is complete, the reboot will take a few minutes to complete and for the modem to come back online.Once the modem is back online, log in again and verify that the device is now on the newest firmware.
- The other file that was downloaded is normally not needed, but if prompted to update the radio module firmware, that is the file you would select.
Note: After each firmware update it is strongly recommended to also update all passwords on the modem.