The steps outlined, if performed incorrectly, may result in equipment failure. Do not attempt these steps without proper training and understanding of product operation. Consult a Daktronics support technician if you need assistance.
- How do I update firmware on an M3 controller based Galaxy Display?
- Product Family: Message Displays
- Product: AF-3500, AF-3550, AF-3700, Galaxy, Galaxy Pro, Message Center, Marquee, Electronic Message Board, Display
- Control: M3.
Save the file to your Desktop or My Documents
- Use the following chart and download the correct firmware for your message Center
Connect to the display using the M2Config utility. Refer to
How To Connect To My Galaxy Display Using The M2Config Utility?, DD2342173 for details. Perform the following steps
before updating the controller firmware.
- Do not rename the file when downloading and saving, it may cause corruption.
Go to the firmware tab in M2Config and browse to the firmware saved on the computer.Verify that Enable High Speed and Delete Bootload File are not checked. (These should be defaulted to unchecked).Click the Update Firmware Button.Firmware will update and reset the controller. Allow the display time to properly boot up before sending out content or reconnecting to the display. This can take up to 5 minutes. It is critical not to power cycle during this time.
- Check controller settings to make sure they are up to date & correct. Follow
How to configure the standard settings for Commercial Galaxy Displays in M2Config, DD2241913
- Defragment the controller.
- Go to the
- Hit the
Start button in the
- Verify the firmware you are about to update is the same firmware that your display is currently using.
- Go to the status tab in M2Config.
- Locate the
- Verify that the version that was selected from the chart above matches the version listed in M2Config.
- Note: It is important to select the correct firmware file as loading the wrong file can cause the display to become inoperable requiring a controller replacement.
Note: If DD1425608.EXE firmware fails please contact Daktronics Technical support, 1-800-325-8766