- How to create media RTD (Real-Time Data) batter headshots in Content Studio?
- What are the best practices for creating batter headshots?
- Product Family: Control System
- Product: DMP-7000 or DMP-8000 Players
- Components: DakStats
- Control System: DakStats, Content Studio
This article is meant to show you how to put the Media RTD best practice in to use. Refer to Best Practice for Creating Media RTD Fields in Content Studio, DD3070725.
Media RTD fields are fields that display images for real time data fields, instead of data.
- DMP-8000 Supported File Types: VMPL, VMPF, AVI, BMP, JPG, JPEG, PNG, MPG, MPEG, and SWF
- Images must stored in the MediaRTD folder, located under C:\Program Data\Daktronics\VNET4\Content\MediaRTD
DMP-7000 Supported File Types: BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, and TIF
- What the files should be named:
- The images must match the same name as the RTD field it will be linked to.
- For batter headshots, name the headshots as: ##lastname.png or 32Anderson.png (combination of jersey number and player last name as entered in DakStats.)
- For a player with a single digit number, the file should be named #lastname.png.
- To help avoid running into players with the same name and same number, fields have been created called Batter Bitmap Player and Pitcher Bitmap Player.
- What content studio RTD field to use:
- What application the stat comes from:
- What the file would look like:
- This is dependent upon the space you have to work with. Typically headshots are from the torso up and they usually have the player in some type of pose either with a ball, bat, or glove. In other styles, the player will be facing straight forward with the arms crossed smiling at the camera. Headshots are usually cut outs without a background that way the player card background the headshot is displayed on can be seen behind the headshot.
- The Media RTD will change automatically depending on what player you type into DakStats. e.g. At the beginning of the season, you can load all the nameplates into the Media RTD folder and the correct file will be displayed according to what the stats operator enters.
- The headshot will change as each new batter comes into the box or any pitcher changes are made. The speed at which the headshots change depends on the DakStats operator. With requested stats, the headshot will change based on the Show Control operator.
- The above file types are listed in their order of priority – if multiple files with the same name are in the MediaRTD folder, the player will use the file that is of the type listed first above (i.e. if the MediaRTD folder contained both Player Name.JPG and Player Name.AVI, it would insert Player Name.AVI into the content).
How Do I Use Media RTD Items that are Inside Subfolders?