- What should be seen on the port monitor test on a DM-100 Handheld for Radiant(Generic) POS?
- Product Family: Digit and Price Displays
- Product: FL-2000, FL-2100, FL-2109, FL-2300, FL-4000, DF-2000, DF-2009, DF-2100, DF-2109, DF-2300, DF-4000, FL-3000, FL-4500
- Control System: Radiant(Generic) POS protocol
- Port monitor will show ?/S followed by random characters (with one of the sets showing !P,1,[price])
- Example: ?/S---!P,1,2.99 - this would be price information for product code 1 with price of 2.99.
- Example: ?/S---!P,2,3.25 - this would be price info for product code 2 at 3.25 price.
- ?/S is a status request. This means we are getting the POS data from the POS system. it should be followed with price information like above when a price is sent from the POS system. If just connecting the ?/S to the system with no price change you will see a ?/S-------?/S (you will continue to see ?/S every 10 seconds)
Note: While in port monitoring mode - it overrides the price change on the dm-100. (You cannot update the prices while in that mode!)