- How do I resize an image using Pixlr?
- How do I resize a picture to fit on my display?
- Product Family: Software
- Control System: Venus 1500 V3, Venus 1500 V4, Venus Control Suite Locally Hosted, Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted
Note: Venus 1500 Version 3 is supported and designed to work on operating systems up to Windows Vista only.
Pixlr is a free cloud based photo editing program that allows users to resize images. Daktronics recommends when resizing an image to start with a picture that matches the dimensions of your display, or is no larger than three times (3x) the sign size.
- Go to http://pixlr.com.
- Scroll down and click on Launch Web App under Pixlr Editor.
- Click on Open Image from Computer.
- Browse to the picture location, select the file and click Open.
- Once the file has opened, click on the Image Menu and choose Image size.
- Make sure that Constrain proportions is checked. By doing so, you can change the value of the width, and Pixlr will automatically calculate the correct value for the height so the photo will maintain its original aspect ratio and not become distorted. Click OK after desired pixels are entered.
- Click on the File menu and choose Save.
- Type in a new file name for your resized photo and adjust the Quality setting. The higher the quality, the larger the size of the file will be. Leave the slider at 90% and click OK. Pixlr will automatically save the image resolution at 72 dpi.
- Import image into the software as normal by following one of the two articles below, based on the version of software being used.