- Receiving error 'System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Data Access Error:'Error:
System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Data Access Error: Violation of PRIMARY KE constraint 'DBO_Files_fileID_PK'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dob.files'.
- Product Family:
- Components: Content Studio
- Control System: Venus 1500 Version 4, Display Studio
- When trying to save the presentation, there is a duplication error happening within the database.
Option 1: Copy each individual slide in the presentation and paste into new presentation.
- As each slide is pasted into the new presentation attempt to save it to locate which slide is causing the issue.
- Once a slide has been identified copy the content of the file and past it Microsoft word.
- On the home tab click the button that looks like a backwards P with a line through it. This will show you all hidden characters.
- Look for any extra returns paragraph markers that are between words or letters.
- After removing all unnecessary hidden characters copy the text and paste it back into content studio making sure to attempt a save.
Create a NEW database, attempt to reload existing database follow: Option 2:How do I use the Nucleus Server Database utility to transfer or save a database?, DD1705994
- Be sure to save a copy of the current Database, before proceeding with a New Database. There is a potential that the Database is corrupt and will not be functioning so creating a backup may not prove useful.
- Attempt to reload the Database may resolve the issue. Follow the article above to save the existing and create the new Database.