- How do I get the Media Kit that was sent via email or from a Flash Drive to pull in and/or show up in Content Studio?
- How do I get Media Kit files from a flash drive or that are saved on an old computer to show up in Content Studio?
- How can I make images/graphics and/or animations/videos pull into Content Studio so they appear in the Media Library?
- How can I import content packages into Venus 1500 V4 so they pull into the Content Studio Media Library for me?
- Product Family: Software
- Control System: Venus 1500 Version 4, Content Studio
ResolutionStep 1a: Save/Download the Media Kit from the link in your email.
- Close Content Studio and open your email.
- Click on the Link to Download.
- Click Save as.
- Browse and select Desktop to save the download to, and click Save.
- Extract the files to your desktop from the zip folder by right-clicking and choosing Extract All.
- Upon extraction you will receive a Sign Size folder, which contains a Stills folder and an Animations folder.
Step 1b: Save the Media Kit from the USB Flash/Thumb Drive.
Step 2: Browse and create a Media Kit folder on Local Computer.
- Insert USB Drive to the Computer's USB port.
- Go to Windows Start Menu -> My Computer/Computer.
- Double-click and open the Removable USB Drive (sometimes this is E:).
- Double-click and open correct sign type folder (SS or SSL).
- Double-click and open the correct Extended Media Kit folder (Mono64 or RGB16m).
- Double-click and extract the correct sign size .rar file.
- For Destination folder click Browse and select Desktop, click ok.
- Click Install.
- Browse to the following location on the Local Computer.
- Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents
- Windows Vista or 7 - C:\Users\Public\Public Documents
- Windows 10 - C:\Users\Public\Documents
- Create a new folder called My Daktronics, or open current My Daktronics Folder.
- Create a folder and name according to the displays aspect ratio, and open.
- Example: A 80x160 sign would have a folder named the aspect ratio of 1x2.
- You can use an Aspect Ratio Calculator to calculate the aspect ratio of your displays height and width.
- Aspect Ratio Calculators may have the height and width of display flipped around.
- If your Aspect Ratio is incorrect or switched around then you will not be able to view content in the Daktronics Library.
- You may also call into Daktronics Software Support for additional assistance.
- Create a folder and name according to the displays height, and open.
- Example: 80x160 would have a folder named 80
- Example Pathway: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\My Daktronics\1x2\80
Step 3: Transfer downloaded Media Kit file to the Media Kit folders that have been created.
- Copy and paste the Stills folder from the Sign Size folder on your desktop into the displays height folder found in My Daktronics.
- Copy and paste the Animation folder from the Sign Size folder on your desktop into the displays height folder found in My Daktronics.
Step 4: Launch Content Studio and view Media Library.
- Re-Launch Content Studio.
- Click Image or Video Tab in Media Library.
- From drop-down menu, select Daktronics Library.
- Click Search.
- Images or Videos should load into Media Library.
- They will be listed under 'Miscellaneous' if you search by Category.
- Click and drag-and-drop media file to layout to import.