- Possible section(s) blank on the display.
- Possible blank display.
IDM / System Health Event(s)
- Communications Failure alert on PLR(s) .
- Product Family: Message Displays
- Product: System Health, IDM
- Component: DB-6400, db-6100, DVX-500, PLR 605X
- Control System: Venus Control Suite
The PLR may have lost power or signal. In this case, display data will not be routed to the attached modules and that section of the display may be blank. Additionally, without a connection to the PLR, error detection on any downstream modules will not take place.
Remote Troubleshooting Steps
- Verify that "Communications Failure" event is still current in IDM.
If it is not, diagnostics has been restored and the alert can be closed as no action required.
If it is current in diagnostics, continue with the steps below.
Connect and reset the VIP.
Wait at least two uploads to IDM/System Health for the site to verify whether or not diagnostics have been restored.
Issue Resolved? No - Connect to the IBoot and cycle power the VIP
- Wait at least two uploads to IDM for the site to verify whether or not diagnostics have been restored.
- Issue Resolved? No- Contact Daktronics for assistance.
On-site Troubleshooting Steps