- How do I register or license Venus 1500 V4 software?
- Product Family: Software
- Control System: Venus 1500 V4
NOTE: The following instructions are for Venus 1500 V4.16 - V4.22.2 only. It is recommended to update your software to the latest version (4.22.3 or later) as registration is automatic. If unable to update to the latest version follow instructions below to register.
NOTE: Displays utilizing 56K Dialup communications method will be required to use Venus 1500 V4.19.2.
Step 1: Request a Venus 1500 V4 Registration (via Email can take up to 2 business days).
- Launch Venus 1500 V4.
- Click Yes to Register.
- Click Yes to the restart computer prompt to continue.
- User must fill out the form, and click Next.
- Choose to do one of the following:
- Contact us VIA e-mail – Preferred Method, this will launch the users installed email client (Outlook or Novell Group Wise).
- Copy e-mail information to clipboard – This will allow the user to email through a web based email (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo etc.) and paste (ctrl-v) the information to the body of an email and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save e-mail information to file – This will allow the user to save a file with all needed information and attach it to an email.
- Call Daktronics – Will allow the user to contact Daktronics Customer Service. Locking Code will need to be provided to Customer Service in order to complete the registration.
Step 2: Activate Venus 1500 - Received the Registration Email and Apply to the Venus 1500 V4 software.
- Close out of Venus 1500 V4.
- Open the email received from Softwareactivation@daktronics.com.
Follow the instructions in the registration email.
- If not able to access E-Mail on the PC with Venus 1500, place the DaktronicsLicence.lic file on a jump drive or Network drive that is accessible from that PC.
You will then be prompted to restart the computer.
- Save the DaktronicsLicence.lic to the computer desktop and then browse to that file from Venus 1500 registration tab.
- Click Register.