DAK Score App: How do I operate a baseball scoreboard?
- How do I operate a baseball scoreboard with DAK Score?
- Product: DAK Score app for baseball
- Control System: Scoreboard with All Sport MX-1
- After connecting to the MX-1, tap the main menu button (), and select Settings. Under Select Sport, ensure Baseball is selected, and then tap DONE.
- Go back into the Settings menu and set the CONFIGURATION as needed. Certain scoreboards have variable stats. Smaller scoreboards will have one variable stat; larger inning-by-inning scoreboards will have one or two variable stats in the upper-left and/or upper-right digits.
Left Stat Displayed:
- 2 digit time
- Player at bat (default)
- Pitch count
Right Stat Displayed:
- Hit/Error indicator (default)
- Player at bat
- Pitch count
Note 1: If operating a small scoreboard that only features one variable stat, use the Left Stat Displayed options, regardless of where the digits are located on the scoreboard.
Note 2: If pitch count is selected once, it will alternate between home and guest pitch counts. If pitch count is selected twice, Guest pitch count is always on the left, and Home pitch count is always on the right. If operating a small scoreboard that only features one variable stat, DO NOT select pitch count twice; use the Left Stat Displayed to ensure it alternates between home and guest.
Note 3: At this time, it is not possible to display Speed of Pitch (SOP) information using the DAK Score application. A separate All Sport 5000 console and radar gun equipment is required.
- After adjusting the CONFIGURATION settings, tap DONE.
- By default, the application opens in a basic scoring mode which is suitable for most small scoreboards:
- Tap MORE to expose additional scoring functions as needed, typically for larger inning-by-inning scoreboards:
Note: Tap LESS to return to the basic scoring mode.
- Tap the BALL, STRIKE, and OUT buttons to track the current at bat. Tap the CLEAR COUNT button to quickly remove all balls and strikes.
- Use the up and down arrows to adjust the team scores, and use the + and - buttons to change the INNING.
- When the batter reaches a base, select whether it was via HIT or ERR. When using the expanded scoring mode, you can also select the fielding position responsible for the error and tap SET. If the scoreboard does not display the error position, simply tap CANCEL.
- Tap AT BAT to toggle which team is up to bat. Tap the area just below AT BAT to enter the current batter number if the scoreboard is configured to display this information.
- Note that when one team is up to bat, the pitch count is displayed for the other team. Use the + and - buttons to keep track of the pitches if the scoreboard is configured to display this information.
Note: Tap the current pitch count number to edit the value.
- Tap the HIT/ERROR tab to manually adjust the hits and errors for each team.
- Tap the INNINGS tab to manually adjust the team scores for each inning. Tap the inning number to select the inning to edit, and use the appropriate + and - buttons to edit the scores. Note that it is only possible to select the current inning or previous innings that have already been played. To adjust the current inning number, return to the MAIN tab.
Related ArticlesDAK Score App: How do I set the clock?
DAK Score App: How do I adjust Team Name Message Centers (TNMCs)?
KB ID: DD4173959
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.