How do I switch accounts in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I switch accounts in Venus Control Suite?
- I can see displays on the Dashboard but I can not select a display for a playlist.
- Product Family: Software and Controllers
- Product: Venus Control Suite - VCS
- Components: accounts
- Control System: Venus Control Suite - Hosted
After logging into Venus Control the first time, an initial screen opens showing status tiles for each display in the system. This is the Dashboard. If you are in an account hierarchy, then you must Switch Accounts to schedule for the displays in your system.
Clicking on Switch Accounts allows you to switch to sub-accounts for advertisers or locations from within the main system account. These accounts are organized in a child-parent structure with specific child accounts under the main, overall system account.
The example below is has 3 levels of display management. It is broken into corporate, regional, and state.
Please follow the below instructions to Switch Accounts from your main parent account into the child account in order to access the displays in your system.
- Log into Venus Control Suite.
- Click on the User Menu. The name or email address of the currently logged-in user is displayed in the upper-right corner of Venus Control Suite. Clicking this name opens four menu items: Switch Accounts, My Profile, About, and Logout
- Click Switch Accounts to open a child account to create content and manage playlists specific to that account. Playlists created in a child account can play only on displays that are configured within the child account. When working within a child account, that account name and the user's role are listed in a blue bar across the top of the screen.
- Log into Venus Control Suite.
- Go to your Dashboard by clicking the three bar icon in the upper left-hand corner and selecting Dashboard.
- The display tiles for all of your child accounts display will now be shown. Locate the account you'd like to switch into and click the light grey account name at the top of that display tile.
- This will then direct you to the Dashboard of that child account.
- To switch back to the parent account or another child account, use the Switch Accounts option in the Current User menu in the upper right-hand corner. Or go back to the parent account by clicking Exit in the upper right hand corner.
Note: Account structure and scheduling options may vary depending on whether the Simple or Advanced scheduling mode is used in a specific system. Contact Daktronics Sales for more information on account and scheduling services at 1-800-DAKTRONICS (1-800-325-8766).
- In a Simple Scheduling environment, all media files are created in the main (parent) account are inherited media for child accounts to schedule.
- In an Advanced Scheduling environment, only media files associated with the child account are available for displays with a child account under the Playlists icon.
KB ID: DD3505282
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.