Show Control System: How do I create content with sport media RTD fields?
- How do I create media RTD fields in Content Studio?
This article describes the recommended procedure for creating MediaRTD (media real time data) fields in Show Control's Content Studio. Common uses include adding images for Team Logos, Player Graphics, Timeouts, and Balls-Strikes-Outs indicators. This feature is intended to be used with Show Control utilizing DMP-8000 players. The data source can be the All Sport 5000 or most other timing/statistic programs that interface with the Daktronics Show Control System, including sources integrated through Data Studio (DMP-8000 only).
- Component: Content Studio, Media RTD, DMP-8000
- Control System: Show Control System (SCS), Sports
This process can also be watched on YouTube:
Save content to be used for sport media RTDFor best results, size the image to match the pixel size that it is intended display on. The sizing can be later adjusted in the field properties.
- DMP-8000 Supported File Types: VMPL, VMPF, MOV, MP4, AVI, BMP, JPG, JPEG, PNG, MPG, MPEG, and SWF.
- Show Control Version 2.0 or earlier: Files must be stored in the MediaRTD subfolder of the Content folder.
- Show Control Version 2.1 or newer: Place files in a subfolder of the media RTD folder when using the Multiple fields feature in version 2.1 of Show Control. Content Studio: How do I work with Sport Media RTD Items saved inside subfolders?
- DMP-7000 Supported File Types: BMP, JPG, JPEG PNG, GIF, and TIF.
- RTD fields will always play on top of any other images or text fields.
- Files must be stored here: D:\V7000\Bitmaps on the 7000 machine.
👉 The file types are listed in their order of priority - if multiple files with the same name are in the MediaRTD folder, the player will use the file that is of the type listed first above (i.e. if the MediaRTD folder contained both Player Name.JPG and Player Name.AVI, it would insert Player Name.AVI into the content).
The content must be named to exactly match the data from the RTD field it will be linked to. For example, if the game clock operator enters the home team name as the "BEARS", then the media RTD image must be named BEARS.
Create a Presentation
Start a new presentation in Content Studio. Add any formatting to the background of the presentation. This can include adding text or inserting a background image.
Choose your Sport Profile from the Dynamic Data Library on the left-hand side of Content Studio.
- Game in Progress: Any information that is received from the All Sport is located in the Game in Progress Source.
- Out-of-Town Scores: Information collected from Sports Wire with detailed out of town scores.
- Game Stats: Any information that is received from a statistical program that is managing game, season, and career stats. (I.E DakStats, Stat Crew, GSIS)
- Requested Stats: Individual or Team Stats information that are not available automatically. See- Content Studio: How do I create presentations with data using Show Control 2.17 or earlier?
Create a data field linked to media.
- Find the field you wish to insert as a RTD field and click & drag it into the presentation. Any field can be entered as a media RTD field; however, some are specifically listed as a Media Field in the Dynamic Data Library (I.E Batter Bitmap Player). This example used Game in Progress/Home Team Name.
- Select the Field Properties tab from the top of Content Studio. This will appear once a RTD field has been added to the presentation and is selected.
- Check the "Is media RTD" checkbox. This will replace the RTD text with a media item.
- A popup window will open. Browse to the image you wish to associate with the RTD Field.
- This is a place holder that will allow you to properly place where you want the media RTD to appear. The content that appears will depend on the naming of the files and the corresponding data.
- Media RTD location (DMP-8000 Players) C:\Program Data\Daktronics\VNET4\Content\MediaRTD
Adjust the image to the location and size that you want it. Formatting needs to be similar in aspect ratio to the image you are pulling in. Media RTD will scale the image you select, into the area you select in the presentation.
Repeat Steps 1 through 3 to insert any other media RTD images you wish to place in your presentation.
Complete and Save the Presentation
- Click & drag and other RTD fields (non-image) or elements that you wish to use in your presentation, and format appropriately.
- Save the presentation.
- Introduction to Content Studio -video
- Getting Started with Graphics -video
- How to Create a Real Time Data Graphic -video
- Introduction to Requested Stats -video
- Content Studio: How do I create presentations with data using Show Control 2.17 or earlier? - KB
- Content Studio: How do I create content that shows headshots via media RTD? -KB
KB ID: DD3070725
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.