Ethernet Bridge Radios: PoE power LED not lit; 120 VAC not getting to DC Injector
- Server radio has no power. No LED lights lit on the server radio.
- DCI (DC Injector) green power LED is not lit.
- 120 VAC not getting to DC Injector. Other devices don't turn on when plugged into same outlet or surge protector.
- Unable to communicate to the display.
- Network Connections/LAN show "Network Cable Unplugged".
- Product: Galaxy Message Displays
- Component: Ethernet Bridge Radios (EBRs), DC Injector
- Note: The DC Injector is also called a PoE (Power over Ethernet) device.
- Control System: Venus 1500
- Outlet or surge suppressor the DC injector is connected to is not providing adequate 120 VAC.
- Surge protector tripped/is bad, or outlet that the DC Injector is plugged into is bad.
- DC Injector is plugged into a switched outlet that is turned off.
- Replace the power strip or troubleshoot and resolve the issue with the wall outlet.
For Temporary Operation
- Plug the DC Injector into a known-good outlet.
Related Issue Articles
KB ID: DD2421105
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.