My display has been damaged by a disaster, vandalism, accident, animals/insects, or extreme weather.
What should I do if my display has been damaged by one of the following?
- Weather events including hail, high winds, or flooding.
- Power events including lightning or power surges.
- Physical events including vandalism or accidents.
- Modules shot.
- Damage by animals or insects nesting inside display.
- Product: Galaxy, Galaxy Pro, Fuelight Displays, Scoreboard
- Control System:
- If you think the structural or electrical integrity of the display has been compromised turn off power to the display. If you feel the situation is dangerous clear and secure the area, contact your local sign service provider or Daktronics; also, you may need to contact a certified electrician or the responsible power company to assist with this step.
- Review the Vandalism and Extreme Weather Service Guide to understand the service and repair options Daktronics can provide.
Be ready to provide the following for an evaluation:
Photos of the damage with multiple viewing anglesHow the damage happened. (Hail, Wind, Hit by vehicle, shot, etc...)
- Where did the damage occur?
- When did it happen?
- How extensive is the damage?
KB ID: DD2257301
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.