How do I maintain or optimize my Daktronics computer?
Maintain or optimize my Daktronics computer
- Product Family: Digital Media Players, Video Processors, DSTI, Show Control
- Product: computers
- Components: DMP-7000, DMP-8000, Show Control, Venus Control Suite, Venus 1500, DSTI
- Control System
- Please see Recommended Control System Start Up and Shut Down Procedures DD1285470 for control system routine maintenance and optimization procedures.
- Please see Daktronics Product Maintenance Guide DD1719834 tips on how to care for your display and control system, and for a sample of a Pre-Event Checklist.
- Maintaining anti-virus and anti-spyware software on control, timing and scoring system computers may help avoid malfunctions and security concerns. This software should be kept up-to-date with current virus and spyware definitions and a full system scan should be performed on at least a weekly basis.
- For more on approved anti-virus software, see: What anti-virus software is recommended or supported on Daktronics supplied computers?
- It is critical that the firewall settings on any computer in your digital sign network are not changed after they are configured during installation. Incorrect firewall settings may cause malfunctions including, but not limited to, the inability of user stations to communicate with player computers or displays.
- Install high-priority Windows updates (not recommended: hardware driver updates).
- For DMP-7000, DMP-8000, and Show Control Updates, please consult Daktronics Technical Support.
- How to Install and Configure Sync Back
- Best Practice for Preparing and Dealing with Loss of Power to your Display or Control System
- Daktronics control systems are for display operations only. The following can adversely affect the operation of these control systems:
- checking personal email
- browsing the web
- downloading files or installing unauthorized applications
- instant messaging
- playing games, etc.
- Additionally, Daktronics recommends not installing the control system on Windows® domains, as domain policies can adversely affect the performance of the control system.
KB ID: DD2147967
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.