Ethernet Bridge Radios: No communication, Server radio lock up
- Unable to connect to the display.
Troubleshooting Wizard in Venus 1500 v4 giving Low Signal Strength or Poor Connectivity alert.
- Venus Control Suite (VCS) shows a Communication Error for the display.
- VIP & DMP are both OFFLINE.
- Unable to ping client radio. May not be able to ping server radio.
- Power cycling the display does not help.
- May have a "Network Cable Unplugged," "Disabled," or "Not Connected" in Network Connections.
- Ethernet link light is off on network port (ex. D-Link USB to Ethernet, Computer, Router, Switch).
- Server radio RF Transmit may be stuck on.
- Using the built-in troubleshooter in Venus 1500, when building the network map, neither radio is found.
EBR Diagnostic utility symptoms
- May see red data line between computer and server radio as well as between radios, and server having no signal strength.
- Receiving No Radios Found alert.
- Version of firmware not supported.
- Product: Galaxy, GalaxyPro, GPR, GPX, GPC, GP3, GP4, GS6
- Component: Ethernet Bridge Radios (EBR)
- Control System: Venus 1500 v3 or v4, Show Control/Display Studio, Visiconn, Venus Control Suite (VCS)
- Server radio has locked up.
- May be caused by brief power interruption.
- Cycle power to the DC injector (Power Over Ethernet/POE).
- This will reset the Server Radio allowing it to re-sync with the client radio.
KB ID: DD2002012
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.