Venus 1500: How do I retrieve my running/stored presentations and playlists from a display in V4?
- How do I retrieve/save my messages/presentations/schedule/playlists from display in Venus 1500 V4?
- Content running and/or stored on display is not on my content tab, how do I retrieve it?
- This may be due to a computer crash and or change of computers where there is no access to the previous computer.
- Can the content that is running on a message center be retrieved from the sign?
- Control System: Venus 1500 V4
IMPORTANT NOTE: The retrieval process may take several minutes depending on the communication speed and strength. While the retrieval is being performed you cannot use the software or any of its features. Do not interrupt or cancel the process as it may cause issue or damage to files and/or equipment.
- Launch Venus 1500 v4 software on the computer you wish to retrieve a copy of the playlist or schedules to. Wait for status to appear. (It may take a few moments for status to appear).
- To Retrieve Schedule and Presentations BOTH when going from Venus 1500 version 4 to the second computer using version 4:
- Under Schedule Panel, right-click on the Playlist and select Retrieve.
- From the Schedule Download prompt, click Yes to overwrite.
- In order for the Playlist/Schedule to display properly in Venus 1500 v4, make sure to be in the same Playlist Mode (Scheduled or Continuous) that the presentations were sent from.
- Follow How to switch between Schedule mode and Continuous mode in Venus 1500 v4, DD1996807.
- To Retrieve Messages/Presentations ONLY (Used mostly when upgrading from Venus 1500 v3 to Venus 1500 v4):
- Under Running Presentations panel, right-click on the Presentation Name and select Retrieve All.
- From Choose save folder prompt, Select a desired folder where the content should be saved.
- If you would like to create a new folder, click Make New Folder, give the folder a name, click Ok.
- Select the new folder name.
- Click Ok, a download window will appear showing status of downloading content.
- Under Stored Presentations panel, right-click on the Presentation Name and select Retrieve All.
- From the choose save folder prompt, select a desired folder where the content should be saved.
- If you would like to create a new folder, click Make New Folder, give the folder a name, click OK
- Select the new folder name.
- Click the OK button.
- A download window will appear showing status of downloading content.
See Also: Tutorials and Videos relating to retrieving messages and playlists can be found in the Venus 1500 Learning Center by clicking on the following link: http://www.daktronics.com/en-us/support/venus-1500/learning-center.
Alternatively, learn more about Venus Control Suite to enhance your control software experience.
KB ID: DD1992502
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.