How do I set default transitions for my display in VCS?
- Product Family: Video Software and Controllers
- Product: Venus Control Suite, DMP-8000 version 8.7.0 or later, DMP-5000 version 8.5 or later
- Components: default transitions
- Control System: Venus Control Suite Daktronics
Note: This works with DMP-8000 version 8.7.0 or later. Verify your device is compatible by going to Displays > Devices in Venus Control suite.
- Log into Venus Control Suite. See: How do I log into Venus Control Suite?
- Choose Displays.
- Click on an existing display to Edit or Add New.
- Select Transitions.
- Choose Yes to allow transitions. This will allow default transitions at a display level and eventually playlist level.
- Under Default Transitions, choose yes. -This transition will apply to the display and all of its zones.
- Pick a transition from the drop down. See: What are the default transitions for my display in Venus Control Suite?
- Choose a transition speed. There are 3 options:
- Slow = 0.6 seconds
- Medium = 0.4 seconds
- Fast = 0.2 seconds
Things to note for VCS Transitions:
- Transitions are entry effects only on items . A transition applied to a web presentation would happen on the 1st slide and not in-between different slides.
- If Content Studio is used to create a sequence (presentation) with transitions built into it, then, there could be a scenario where there are two different transitions happening at the same time. It would play out as:
VCS transition -> CS transition -> CS transition.
How do I set default transitions for my display in VCS?- Using transitions for individual playlists. A user will be able to apply transitions to a playlist item at anytime via the playlist item media constraints (back of the button)