- How do I find the IP Address of a Galaxy display when configuring display in Venus 1500?
- IP address of the Galaxy display is unknown, how do I determine what it is to enter into the Venus to detect my display?
- Product Family: Message Displays
- Product: Galaxy or GalaxyPro, AF-31xx, AF-3200, AF-3220, AF-3400, AF-3500, AF-3550, AF-3700, M2 or M3 controlled displays
- Component: New Computer, New install of Venus 1500, or First time display configuration in Venus 1500
- Control System: Venus 1500 v3 or v4
- Option #1: If Venus was previously used with another computer and you are installing it on a new computer and the old computer is still accessible:
- Retrieve IP from Version 4.
- Retrieve IP from Version 3.
- Option #2: If old computer is not operable, if using a new copy of Venus v4, or if setting up a new display:
- Turn the breaker off for the display for 30 seconds.
- Turn the breaker back on (Make sure someone is watching the display).
- The display will show the IP address during its boot sequence.
- On some displays, the IP address will be listed with (ETH:) preceding it but will be in the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
- Enter this IP address into the software.
Note: If using a direct connection between communication equipment and the computer (not connected to any network equipment), display IP address may still have the default IP address configured on it during manufacturing.