How to make seamless ribbon content in Adobe After Effects
- How to make seamless ribbon content in Adobe After Effects?
- Product Family: Content for Ribbon Displays
- Control System:
There are two techniques to achieve seamless ribbon content. The first is placing objects/footage over the seams to disguise it. The second technique is offsetting layers and fading them together.
Technique 1: Objects over seams
1. Import your object/element into your tiled comp (See How to configure a tiled ribbon in Adobe After Effects.)
2. With your object layer selected hit "p" for position and enter 0 for the position X value. This will place your footage at the front of the comp so that only half of it is visible.
3. Duplicate your object layer and change its position X value to the tiled comp width. This should move it to the end and leave the other half of your object visible.
4. Finished! Now your final comp should contain seam-disguising objects throughout.
Technique 2: Offset and fade together
This technique works best with backgrounds and other more abstract elements that can be faded together. This is not for logos or text.
1. Import your footage into the tiled composition.
2. Move your footage to the front of the comp by entering 0 in the position X value. This example is using magma noise footage and positioned it at 0 for the X position)
3. Duplicate the layer and move footage to the end of the comp by entering "your tiled comp width" for position X value.
4. The two footage layers should overlap in the center of the frame. If they don't scale up both layers.
5. Now fade each layer toward the center of the frame using feathered masks or linear wipes. Repeat this fade so that the left side layer fades toward the middle as well.
Finished. Now you have a finished composition with seamless footage.
KB ID: DD3737217
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.