How to configure a tiled ribbon in Adobe After Effects
- How to configure a tiled ribbon in Adobe After Effects?
- Product Family: Content for Ribbon Displays
- Control System:
Create a tiled ribbon
1. In Adobe After Effects, create a composition of the final ribbon size.
2. Determine what number your final composition width is divisible by to give you the desired tile size. (Must be whole numbers.)
3. Create a new composition with a width equal to your final composition size divided by the number of divisions you chose. You can enter this equation into the comp width value area and let After Effects do the math. (include the size in the comp name for convenience) The example below is divide by 4, so the tiled comp will be 2000x100)
4. Import your tiled comp into the final comp.
5. With your tiled comp selected, hit "p" for position and enter "the tileable comp width / 2". This should position your tiled composition at the front of the final composition. The example shows the starting position was 2000/2=1000.
6. Duplicate the tiled comp layer. Hit "p" for position and enter "your final comp width minus half of your tiled comp width". Include the width in the comp names to make these values easy to locate. In this example, x position was 8000-1000=7000.
7. Next, duplicate your tiled composition layer to achieve the total number of copies you'll need. In this example two more duplicates are made for a total of 4 Tiled Comp layers.
8. Select all your tiled comps then choose the window - align palette. Inside the align palette choose "horizontal center distribution" from the "Distribute Layers" section. (next to last icon on bottom row)
Finished! Now you have a final composition with perfectly distributed tiled compositions within it.
Next steps:How to make seamless ribbon content in Adobe After Effects
How to make loopable footage in Adobe After Effects
KB ID: DD3737178
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.