Venus Layouts: How do I add a layout in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I add a layout in Venus Control Suite for zone scheduling?
- How do I set up a zoned schedule for my display in Venus Control Suite?
- How do I create a zone or zones to play messages on different areas/parts/sections of my display?
- Product Family: Video Software and Controllers
- Product: Venus Control Suite
- Components: layouts
- Control System: Venus Control Suite Locally Hosted, Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted
- Create a layout.
- Log into Venus Control Suite and navigate to the Tools tab on the left. Click Layouts.
- Click New Layout.
- Enter in a name and select the size of display you are creating the layout for.
- Click Continue.
- Add a zone by clicking the Add Zone icon. Edit the zone size by either moving the corners of the green box or adjusting the size in pixels under Properties.
- Name the zone under Properties.
Note: Each zone name needs to be unique.
- Adjust the content fit mode under Properties.
- Scale to Fit: The content shrinks to fit in the zone while maintaining aspect ratio (letterbox).
- Stretch to Fill: The content fills the entire zone while ignoring aspect ratio.
- Scale to Fill: One dimension of the content scales to fill the available space; extra content in the other dimension is cropped while maintaining aspect ratio (center crop).
- Repeat steps 5-7 to add additional zones.
Note: You can also change the color of the zone for visual organizing.
To prevent small gaps in your layout, you can click and drag the corner of your zones and it will snap the edges together.
- After all zones are added and formatted, click Save. You will see a message that reads, "Playlists with a display selected, instead of a zone, will use the primary zone for content playback", click Save again.
- Associate the layout to the desired display.
- Click Displays from the main menu.
- Select the display you want to associate the layout to.
- Click Layouts on the left.
- Click Add Layout.
- Put a checkmark next to the desired layout.
- Click Done.
- Click Save.
- Create a new playlist by following, How do I create a playlist in Venus Control Suite?, DD3687532.
Note: When selecting the display for the playlist, your new zones will be available for selection. Click on the desired zones to associate, then Save when done.
KB ID: DD3515681
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.