Venus Media: What graphics and images can be used with Venus Control Suite?
- What file formats specifications for graphics, pictures in Venus Control Suite?
- What are the supported image or graphic file types and formats for Venus Control Suite?
- Product: Venus Control Suite
- Components: Venus Basic, Venus Select, Venus Professional, Venus Enterprise
- Control System: Venus Cloud-Based, Venus Local
- Color mode: Save as RGB.
- Resolution: 72 DPI (dots per inch).
- Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square
- Height and Width of the Display in Pixels (ex: 32x112 = 32x112 pixels), do not use inches or feet.
Recommended Static File Format:
Other Acceptable Static File Formats:
Other Content Considerations:
- Dimensions - Venus Control Suite will allow you to upload any file dimensions. It is recommended to upload files that match the display pixel matrix or no larger than 3x the display dimensions.
- Length - The optimal length for content is less than 15 seconds. This allows for the message to be conveyed effectively to the greatest number of spectators before their attention is focused elsewhere.
- Transitions - All content should loop, or transition smoothly in time for the end, back to the beginning in case it runs multiple times consecutively.
- Audio - If audio is available, the required format is uncompressed (PCM). Audio should be interleaved with the video frames of the video file. The file should be preload 500ms - 2 seconds of audio before the video starts and the audio should be interleaved between each frame of the video. Audio can be mono or stereo, but surround sound modes are not currently supported.
- Backgrounds - Text and logos should appear in front of a contrasting background. Predominantly white backgrounds should be avoided as they tend to be bright and wash out the accompanying logos/images.
- When using Cloud hosted Venus Web Editor should be used for Content creation
- DWP embedded player on commercial LCD displays is not compatible with Daktronics Content Studio
- Reference Venus Media: How do I upload content into the media library for Venus Control Suite? for instructions on uploading files.
- Reference Content Studio: How do I insert an image into Content Studio for Venus Control Suite? for instructions on importing files.
Graphic Editing Programs: (Not supported by Daktronics)
- Adobe Photoshop - www.adobe.com
- Online Image Editor - http://www.online-image-editor.com/ (Free)
- Pixlr - http://pixlr.com (Free)
- GIMP - www.gimp.org (Free)
Venus Learning Center
For additional information, please visit: http://www.daktronics.com/en-us/support/venus-control-suite/learning-center/Intro.
KB ID: DD3185677
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.