Can I save/copy the Venus 1500 V4 automatic database backup externally?
- Can I save/copy the Venus 1500 V4 automatic database backup externally?
- How can I backup my Content Studio in case my computer ever crashes?
- Where does Venus 1500 V4 save the automatic nucleus database backup?
- Product Family: Software
- Control System: Venus 1500 V4, Content Studio
Venus 1500 V4.9 and greater automatically backs up your database per How do I know if Venus 1500 v4 automatically backs up my database? , DD2433671.
Note: Before loading the backup database, switch to the same Schedule Mode that you were in on the previous computer in order to ensure that your schedule is transferred correctly, and then close out of Venus 1500 V4.
- You can find the backup file (named Backup.nucback) by browsing to:
- Windows 32 Bit System: C:\Program Files\Daktronics\Nucleus Server\Backup
- Windows 64 Bit System: C:\Program Files (x86)\Daktronics\Nucleus Server\Backup
- Once you find the backup file, you can choose where to save it externally by right-clicking on it and selecting Send To, or by Copying it to another location.
- Now that the backup file is saved externally, you can load it onto another computer that has Venus 1500 V4 installed at any time by using the correct version of the Database Utility and clicking on Load/Restore which will load the previously saved database. Please reference How do I use the Nucleus Server Database utility to transfer or save a database?, DD1705994.
- You will receive a prompt: Do you want to save the existing database before proceeding with Load Setup?
- Only click "Yes" if you need to save the current database and have not already done so.
- Only click "No" if you want to clear current database
- Typically, if this is a new computer, you can click No due to there is no database to save.
- On the second prompt: Loading setup will overwrite your existing data, Continue? Click Yes.
- Depending on the Database size Loading/Restoring the database may take several minutes.
Alternatively, learn more about Venus Control Suite to enhance your control software experience.
KB ID: DD2619555
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.