How do I test my Stat Crew com file setup
- How do I test my current configuration of Stat Crew, DSTI, and my All Sport?
- Product Family: Sport Software and Controllers
- Product: NCAA Sports Interfaces - Stat Crew
- Component: Com file via DSTI, All Sport 5000 Series
- Control System:
Note: Before beginning, if you are using an All Sport, make sure that it is connected to a scoreboard and that it is able to update the scoreboard and statistics information.
- Set up Stat Crew, the All Sport, and DSTI. Reference How to set up Stat Crew with the All Sport, DSTI, and Venus 7000, DD2167389 for more information on Stat Crew and DSTI setup.
- Open DSTI, select the appropriate Sport and Interface from the drop down boxes on the left portion of the program.
- In the Stat Crew, open a completed or incomplete game that has player statistics entered.
You can use a new game, but will have to enter in all of the players for stats to be sent. Typically for testing old or existing games are quicker.
Open TasComm32 program and click on the Start Monitor File button. A white box should open with stats from the loaded game, if one does not please reference: How to set up TasComms32 serial communication for Stat Crew, DD2557286.
- With a competition opened, the message log at the bottom of the DSTI screen should display the competition that is currently open. If not please confirm all connections from the Stat Crew computer to the DSTI computer.
- When the interface is functioning properly, pressing the [Player], [Indiv. Sub.], and [Mass Sub.] buttons on the All Sport controller will display a message stating Stats Received: Key Disabled on the All Sport's LCD.
- If there isn't any data, try Testing Stat Crew/DSTI Communication, DD2557297.
Note: Stat Crew software only sends data when a play is entered or when [F4] is pressed. If data is not immediately appearing on the display, try pressing [F4] and/or entering a play. Pressing the Start Monitoring button in TasComms32 is another way to send Stat Crew data to DSTI, along with the Transmit Once button on the Miscellaneous tab.
Training Video- Introduction to DSTI
Training Video - Interfacing with Stat Crew
KB ID: DD2557293
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.