How do I resize an image using Pixlr X?
- How do I resize an image using Pixlr?
- How do I resize a picture to fit on my display?
- Product Family: Software
- Control System: Venus 1500 V3, Venus 1500 V4, Venus Control Suite Locally Hosted, Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted
Pixlr is a free cloud based photo editing program that allows users to resize images. Daktronics recommends when resizing an image to start with a picture that matches the dimensions of your display, or is no larger than three times (3x) the sign size.
- Go to http://pixlr.com/x/
- Drag and drop your picture or click on "Open Image"
- To create a transparent image (if you are not doing this and only resizing skip to step 4) click on "Cutout on the left.
- Choose "Magic Cutout" and adjust your "Tolerance" accordingly. The higher the tolerance the more sensitive the cutout tool will be to removing adjacent colors to the color you pick.
- Once you select your color it will remove every instance of the color within the boundaries. If you need to remove every instance of the color in the entire image then uncheck "Contiguous".
- Now go to the "Layout & Template" section and select "Resize page (scale)" and change the size of your height or width, the other will adjust accordingly.
- Click "Save" at the bottom and save your picture as a PNG.
- Import image into the software as normal by following one of the two articles below, based on the version of software being used.
- Follow How do I import graphics or images in Venus 1500 v3?, DD2035559 to import images into Venus 1500 V3.
- Follow How do I import images or videos into Content Studio?, DD1995364 to import images into Venus 1500 V4.
- Follow How to upload content into the media library for Venus Control Suite., DD3098179 to upload images into Venus Control Suite.
- Follow How do I insert a graphic from a file into Content Studio for Venus Control Suite?, DD3000714 to import images into the Venus Control Suite version of Content Studio.
KB ID: DD2452754
DISCLAIMER: Use of this content may void the equipment warranty, please read the disclaimer prior to performing any service of the equipment.
DAKTRONICS DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN IS ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE CONTENT IS DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS ARTICLE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DAKTRONICS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT. ADJUSTMENT, REPAIR, OR SERVICE OF THE EQUIPMENT BY ANYONE OTHER THAN DAKTRONICS OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPAIR AGENTS MAY VOID THE EQUIPMENT WARRANTY. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT AND ANY LINKED CONTENT. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST DAKTRONICS FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
The above disclaimer applies to any property damage, equipment failure, liability, infringement, or personal injury claim arising out of or in any way related to your use or application of the content, whether such claim is for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.